What are Skulls?
SKULLS are a collection of 6,666 hand-drawn and algorithmically generated NFTs on the Solana blockchain. Every SKULL features original artwork and is randomly and uniquely assembled from over 400k total options.
Each SKULL is both a collectible art piece and also a skeleton key to our 2021 Halloween event: an entire month of NFT airdrops limited exclusively to SKULL holders.
31 Days of Airdrops
Every single day in October, SKULL holders had the chance to be airdropped exclusive and rare SKULLS (and other goodies). Every SKULL you held in your wallet increased your chance of winning an item, but not all items were equally rare.
Hold onto your bones for something extra special on the spookiest day of the year
Below is a roadmap outlining the milestones we have planned for the project, including the establishment of a DAO, growth, monetization, tooling and more.
- 🎉Launch on October 1st, 5pm UTC
- 🛒Get SKULLS listed on secondary marketplacesWe are officially listed on Magic Eden & most major marketplaces.
- 🤖Provide rarity, analytics tools & sales bots for SKULL hodlersHodlers can make informed decisions via our published rarity at HowRare.is, through analytics on Solanalysis, Solanafloor, and our @skullsalesbot which is connected to all of our secondary marketplaces
- 🛍️Acquire a secondary marketplace for airdrops
- 🎁Deliver #31daysofairdropsEvery day in October SKULL holders will have a chance to win free NFT Trick-or-Treat airdrops from independent artists, top Solana projects, or ultra-rare SKULLS.
- 🍬Ship Treat Toolbox, our open source generative art utilityTreat Toolbox is a fully web-based tool for creating Solana NFT collections, and it can take layered artwork all the way to production for a Metaplex Candy Machine.
- 🍇Integrate Grape into Discord for member verification
- ⚒️Open source our airdrop toolsWe’ve developed tools to automate our #31daysofairdrops and plan on open sourcing this to the public. We want to give the Solana ecosystem another little taste of what the Skeleton Crew is capable of delivering; filling common technology gaps, while simultaneously building out premium offerings for super users.
- 🎙Release Podcast of Artist InterviewsLaunch Skelecast, our podcast featuring interviews with independent artists and innovators doing cool things in the Solana NFT space.
- 🎨Assist artists with NFT collection launchesWe can utilize our skills and premium software to help other artists and community members launch their projects. This artist incubator and launchpad will help fund the SkeleDAO while simultaneously supporting independent artists and top community members.
- 💀Launch SkeleDAO
- 🏦Establish DAO Treasury
- 🪦Provide Staking and a $SKULL TokenStake your SKULLS at staking.skeletoncrew.rip and earn $SKULL tokens to be redeemed for NFTs, partner mints, Treat Toolbox discounts, and more!
- 💻Launch dedicated webpages for SKULLS and airdropsHosted pages for all SKULL owners to connect with their SKULLS, airdrops, and more.
- 🧰Release Treat Toolbox PRO, a paid serviceThe paid hosted version of Treat Toolbox will include advanced features for non-technical users, and will additionally help fund the SkeleDAO. Benefits/discounts will be provided to SKULL hodlers.
- 👕Make SKULL merchSetting up a merch shop based on the iconic SKULL brand and artwork: a portion of the merch royalties will go to a DAO community wallet, and DAO members will receive a discount on merchandise.
- More coming soon
WHAT YOU GET WITH
THE SKELETON CREW
High quality, hand-drawn.
Original art makes every SKULL stand out.
6,666 SKULLS, each totally unique.
100+ dope attributes.
Each skull is decked out in
attributes based on rarity.
Access to 31 days of airdrops.
An entire month of NFT airdrops limited
exclusively to SKULL holders, Oct 2021.
BUILT ON SOLANA
Your SKULL is built and stored on Solana blockchain with ownership. Buy, sell and trade SKULLS with collectors from around the world.
- Skulls are a collection of 6,666 hand drawn and algorithmically generated NFTs stored on the Solana blockchain.
- SKULLS are available on our own first party marketplace. You can also find us on most major marketplaces, including Magic Eden, Solanart, FTX, Digital Eyes, and Alpha Art.
- All SKULLS and their various parts are drawn by hand and algorithmically created using our generation tool, Treat Toolbox. There are 100+ attributes across 10 categories: These categories include headgear, eyes, expressions, backgrounds, skins, brains, and more. With these combined, it gives a total mathematical combination of millions of unique SKULLS - but with only 6,666 minted, some are more unique and rare than others.
- SKULLS dropped on October 1st 2021. The price at launch was 2 SOL.
- The artist collective is Skeleton Crew's launchpad helping independent artists create and ship their own Generative Collections on Solana. Some of the amazing projects we've helped launch include Zen0verse by Zen0m, Longharbor and Cursed Mikes by Alejandro Mirabal, and DARKELV by Mars Dorian.
- In addition to being a collectible art piece, every SKULL minted was also a skeleton key to our signature October event: an entire month of NFT airdrops by independent artists. SKULL holders are also able to stake their NFTs to earn $SKULL tokens, which entitle them to whitelist access to projects from our artist launchpad, discounts on use of Treat Toolbox, and more.
- The Skeleton Crew team is run by Ayyo and Cosimo, and we could not have launched without the help of Benny, our Community Manager. These days we're supported by the efforts of SkeleDAO and the DAO leadership team. Our core principles have always been to deliver collectible, high-quality art with the best possible NFT user experience from launch.
- 8% royalties are applied to all resales. This supports the ongoing project efforts of the team, and pay for initiatives like the independent artist commissions used in our October 2021 airdrop campaign.
- Feel free to get in touch with us on Twitter @skeletoncrewrip or on Discord at https://discord.gg/skeletoncrewrip.